Faculty of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Technion
M.Sc.- Mechanics, Moscow State University, 1960; Ph.D.- Physics and Mathematics, Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology
(Phys. Tech.), 1967.
Optimal control theory and its applications to agricultural systems, water systems, space research and radio-electronics, linear programming and macroeconomics, neural networks, transportation systems and their optimization, theory of dual screws and its application to design of spatial mechanisms.
Arc en ciel, France-Israel Fund for the Promotion of Research, 1995.
Wenner-Gren Foundation, Sweden, 1996-1997.
- Two silver medals for achievements from All-Union Exhibition, Moscow, Russia, 1976 and 1983.
- Honor for Contribution to the State of Israel by the Ministry of Immigrant Absorption. Included into the book “Outstanding repatriate Scientists, 1990-2010”
- Ioslovich, I., 1967. Optimal Stabilization of a Satellite in an Inertial Coordinate System, Acta Astronautica, v. 13, No. 1, pp. 37-47, Pergamon Press.
- Ioslovich, I., Gutman, P.-O., 2000. Optimal control of crop spacing in a plant factory, Automatica, v. 36, No 11, pp. 1665-1668
- Ioslovich, I., Gutman, P.-O., 2001. A model for the global optimization of water prices and usage for the case of spatially distributed sources and consumers, Journal of Mathematics and Computers in Simulation (MATCOM), v. 56,
No. 4-5, pp.347-356.
- Ioslovich, I., 2002. Robust Reduction of a Class of Large-Scale Linear Programs, SIAM Journal on Optimization, v. 12,
No. 1, pp. 262-282
- Ioslovich, I., Seginer, I., 2002. Acceptable nitrate concentration of greenhouse lettuce: two optimal policies, Biosystems Engineering, v. 83, No 2, pp. 199-215
- Ioslovich, I., Seginer, I., Baskin, A., 2002. Fitting the NICOLET lettuce growth model to plant-spacing experimental data, Biosystems Engineering, v. 83. No 3. pp. 361-371
- Ioslovich, I., 2003. Arbitrary fuel-optimal attitude maneuvering of non-symmetric space vehicle in a body-fixed frame, Automatica, v. 39, No 3, pp. 557-562
- Ioslovich, I., P.-O. Gutman, I. Seginer, 2004. Dominant parameter selection in the marginally identifiable case, Journal of Mathematics and Computers in Simulation (MATCOM), v. 65, No 1-2, pp. 127-136.
- Ioslovich, I., 2003. Optimal Control of Rigid Body Rotation Around Center of Mass, Journal of Dynamical and Control Systems (JDCS), v. 9, No. 4, pp. 549-562.
- Ioslovich, I., P.-O. Gutman, 2004. On smooth optimal control determination, Automatica, v. 40, No 12, pp. 2175-2180.
- Ioslovich, I., P.-O. Gutman, 2005. On the botanic model of plant growth with intermediate vegetative-reproductive stage, Journal of Theoretical Population Biology (JTPB), v. 68, No 3, pp. 147-156.
- Seginer I., L. D. Albright and I. Ioslovich, 2006. Improved Strategy for a Constant Daily Light Integral in Greenhouses, Biosystems Engineering (BE), v. 93, No. 1, pp. 69-80.
- Ioslovich, I., M. Borshchevsky, P.-O. Gutman, 2009. Long time missions and the fuel-optimal attitude maneuvering in a swinging mode, Mathematical Programming Journal, Ser. B, Springer, v. 120, No. 1, pp. 49-66.
- Seginer I., I. Ioslovich, M. Bux, 2007. Optimal Control of Solar Sludge Dryers, Drying Technology (DT), v. 25, No. 2, pp. 401-415.
- Ioslovich I., P.-O. Gutman, 2007. Preliminary Evaluation of Experiments for Estimation of Dynamical Crop Model Parameters, Bulletin of Mathematical Biology (BMB) Journal, v. 69, pp. 1603-1614.
- Molchanov S., Yu. Gendel, I. Ioslovich, O. Lahav, 2007. An improved experimental and computational methodology for determining the kinetic equation and the extant kinetic constants of Fe(II) oxidation by Acidithiobacillus ferrooxidans, Applied and Environmental Microbiology (AEM), v. 73, No. 6, pp. 1742-1753.
- Omer, E., R. Guetta, I. Ioslovich, P.-O. Gutman, M. Borshchevsky, 2008. Optimal design of an “Energy Tower” power plant, IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion, v. 23, No. 1, pp. 215-225.
- Ioslovich, I., P.-O. Gutman, 2008. Optimal monitoring and management of a water storage, Journal of Environmental Monitoring and Assessment (EMAS, Springer), v. 138, No. 1-3, pp. 93-100.
- Omer, E., R. Guetta, I. Ioslovich, P.-O. Gutman, M. Borshchevsky, 2008. “Energy Tower” combined with pumped storage and desalination: optimal design and analysis, Renewable Energy Journal, v. 33, No. 4, pp. 597-607.
- Ioslovich, I., P.-O. Gutman, 2008. Robust preliminary analysis of large-scale linear model for optimal industrial investments, Journal of the Franklin Institute, v. 345, No. 2, pp. 154-165.
- Gutman, P.-O., I. Ioslovich, 2007. On the generalized Wolf problem: preprocessing of nonegative large-scale linear programming problems with group constraints, Automation and Remote Control, Springer, v. 68, No. 8, pp. 1401-1409.
- Ioslovich, I., P.-O. Gutman, 2008. Robust evaluations for duals of non-negative linear programs with box-constrained uncertainties, Algorithmic Operations Research (AOR), v. 3, No. 1, pp. 51-58.
- Ioslovich, I., P.-O. Gutman, R. Linker, 2009. Hamilton-Jacobi-Bellman Formalism for optimal climate control of greenhouse crop, Automatica, v. 45, No. 5, pp. 1227-1231, doi: 10.10.16/j.automatica.2008.12.024, ISSN 0005-1098.
- Ioslovich, I., 2009. Optimal control strategy for greenhouse lettuce: Incorporating supplemental lighting, Biosystems Engineering (BE), v. 103, No. 1, pp. 57-67, doi:10.1016/j.biosytemseng.2009.01.015, ISSN 15375110.
- Ioslovich, I., Ramirez-Sosa Moran, M. I., Gutman, P.-O., 2010. Identification of a nonlinear biological dynamic model using the dominant parameter selection method, Journal of the Franklin Institute, v. 347, No. 6, pp. 1001-1014, doi:10.1016/jfranklin.2009.11.007.
- Haddad, J., De Shuster, B., Mahalel, D., Ioslovich, I., Gutman, P.-0. 2010. Optimal steady-state control for isolated traffic intersections, IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, v. 55, No 11, pp. 2612-2617, doi:10.1109/TAC.2010.2060245.
- Ioslovich, I., Haddad, J., Gutman, P.-O., Mahalel, D.2011. Optimal traffic control synthesis for an isolated intersection, Control Engineering Practice, vol. 199, pp. 900-911. doi:10.1016/j.conengprac.2011.05.004.
- Ioslovich, I., Haddad, J., Gutman, P.-O., Mahalel, D. 2011. Optimal Control Synthesis of Traffic Flows at Intersecion with constrained lengths of queues, Automation and Remote Control, vol. 72, N. 9, pp 39-48.
- Ioslovich, I., Borshchevsky, M., Gutman, P.-O. 2012. On Optimal Irrigation Scheduling, Dynamics of Discrete, Continuous and Impulsive Systems, Series B, vol. 19, pp 303-310.
- J. Haddad, D. Mahalel, I. Ioslovich, and P.-O. Gutman. 2013. Discrete dynamic optimization of N-stages control for isolated signalized intersections, Control Engineering Practice, vol. 21, pp. 1553-1563. doi.org/10.1016/j.conengprac.2013.07.007
- P.-O. Gutman, Ioslovich, I. 2013, Optimal Working Time Distribution and Routing for Autonomous Tractors Based on Heuristic Algorithms, , Automation and Remote Control, Vol. 74, No. 9, pp. 1486–1493. Original Russian Text © P.-O. Gutman, I. Ioslovich, 2013, published in Avtomatika i Telemekhanika, 2013, No. 9, pp. 68–77, ISSN 0005-1179.
- J. Haddad, D. Mahalel, I. Ioslovich, and P. O. Gutman, 2014. Constrained Optimal Steady-State Control for Isolated Traffic Intersections, Journal of Control Theory and Applications”, vol. 12, No 1, pp. 84-94.
- R. Linker, I. Ioslovich, G. Sylaios, F. Plauborgc, A. Battilani, 2016. Optimal model-based deficit irrigation scheduling using AquaCrop: A simulation study with cotton, potato and tomato, Agricultural water management, vol. 163, No 1, pp. 236-243.
- I. Ioslovich, P.-O. Gutman, A. Berger, S. Moshenberg, 2017. On time-optimal and energy-optimal precise displacement of rigid body with friction, Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications (JOTA), vol.172, No 2, 466-480. doi:10.1007/s10957-016-0913-2.
- Linker, I. Ioslovich, 2017. Assimilation of canopy cover and biomass measurements in the crop model AquaCrop. Biosystems Engineering, vol. 162, No 10, 57-66. doi.org/10.1016/j.biosystemseng.2017.08.003
- Taitler, I. Ioslovich, P-O Gutman, E. Karpas, 2018. Combined time and energy optimal trajectory planning with quadratic drag for mixed discrete-continuous task planning, Optimization J. (Taylor & Francis), https://doi.org/10.1080/02331934.2018.1502769
- Ioslovich, P.-O. Gutman, R. Linker, 2019. Feedforward Optimal Control for precise displacement of a rigid body: minimal electrical energy, Pure and Applied Functional Analysis (PAFA), v. 4, No 2, pp. 297-316.
- Ioslovich, 2019. Fuel-optimal attitude maneuvering of space vehicle in a twisting sliding mode, Applied Analysis and Optimization Journal (AAO), vol.3, N 2, pp. 205-212.
- Taitler, A., Ioslovich, I., Karpas, E., Gutman, P.-O., 2019.
Minimum Time Optimal Control of Second Order System with Quadratic Drag and State Constraints, Proceedings of the 2019 IEEE Conference on Decision and Control (CDC), Nice, Acropolis, France, paper 112.
- Ioslovich, I., 2021, Optimal Control in the Traffic Flow: Multi-Lane Signalized intersection, J. Appl. Numer. Optim. 3 (2021), No. 1, pp. 211-214 Available online at http://jano.biemdas.com https://doi.org/10.23952/jano.3.2021.1.12
- Ioslovich I., 2021, Optimal Dynamic Perimeter Control with Virtual Queue, Journal of Pure and Applied Functional Analysis (PAFA), N 5, pp. 549-559.
2002 The International Workshop on Generalized Solutions in Control Problems (GSCP-2002), 27-31 August 2002, Russian Academy of Sciences, Russian Foundation of Basic Research, University of Pereyaslavl, Pereyaslavl, Russia. Paper on the Optimal control of rigid body rotation around center of mass.
Invited Plenary speaker: I. Ioslovich.
2003 Workshop on Control and Biological Systems, Herzlia. Paper on the Optimal Control of Greenhouse Plant Growth, 27 May 2003, Israel Association for Automatic Control, Herzlia, Israel.
Invited speaker: I. Ioslovich
2004 IFAC Workshop on Generalized Solutions in Control Problems (GSCP-2004),
22-26 September 2004, Russian Academy of Sciences, Russian Foundation of Basic Research, University of Pereyaslavl, Pereyaslavl, Russia. Paper on the Optimal Attitude Control of Space Vehicle with a single control torque.
Invited speaker: I. Ioslovich.
2004 First Swedish-Israeli Control Workshop, 27-29 September 2004, Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm, Sweden. Paper on the Optimal Control of Lettuce Growth with the Quality Constraints.
Invited speaker: I. Ioslovich.
2005 International Conference on Control and Optimization, 19-20 May 2005, Institute of Control Problems, Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow, Russia. Paper on the Optimal Control of the Attitude Maneuvering of Space Vehicle in a Swinging Mode.
Invited speaker: I. Ioslovich.
2008 Conference on Nonlinear Analysis and Optimization, June 18-24, 2008, Technion, Haifa, Israel. Paper on Hamilton-Jacobi-Bellman formalism for greenhouse optimization.
Invited speaker: I. Ioslovich
2010 International Workshop on Modelling of Plant Development, September 27 – October 1, 2010, Mathematical Bioscience Institute, Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio, USA. Paper on modeling of balanced plant growth and development.
Invited plenary speaker: I. Ioslovich
2012 International Conference on Variational and Optimal Control
Problems on Unbounded Domains, January 9-12, 2012, Technion,
Haifa, Israel, Invited speaker: I. Ioslovich
2017 Workshop on Mathematics and Control Theory, 17 May 2019, Holon Institute of Technology (HIT), Holon, Israel. Invited speaker: I. Ioslovich
2017 German-Israeli Research Workshop on Optimization, 16-19 October 2017, Technion, Haifa, Israel. Invited speaker: I. Ioslovich.